Six Years by Harlan Coben 2013
In Six Years, a masterpiece of modern suspense, Harlan Coben explores the depth and passion of lost love…and the secrets and lies at its heart.
Six years have passed since Jake Fisher watched Natalie, the love of his life, marry another man. Six years of hiding a broken heart by throwing himself into his career as a college professor. Six years of keeping his promise to leave Natalie alone, and six years of tortured dreams of her life with her new husband, Todd. But six years haven’t come close to extinguishing his feelings, and when Jake comes across Todd’s obituary, he can’t keep himself away from the funeral. There he gets the glimpse of Todd’s wife he’s hoping for…but she is not Natalie. Whoever the mourning widow is, she’s been married to Todd for almost two decades, and with that fact everything Jake thought he knew about the best time of his life—a time he has never gotten over—is turned completely inside out. As Jake searches for the truth, his picture-perfect memories of Natalie begin to unravel. Mutual friends of the couple either can’t be found, or don’t remember Jake. No one has seen Natalie in years. Jake’s search for the woman who broke his heart, who lied to him, soon puts his very life at risk as it dawns on him that the man he has become may be based on a carefully constructed fiction.
Harlan Coben once again delivers a shocking page-turner that deftly explores the power of past love, and the secrets and lies that such love can hide. – Amazon.
Praise for Harlan Coben and SIX YEARS:
- "[Harlan Coben] delivers another amazing novel that will resonate with readers long after the final page is turned.The narrative is immersive, and the well-drawn characters and twisting plotting are stellar. With such a cool hook and a surprising and satisfying payoff, don’t wait six years to read what might be Coben’s best since Tell No One. "—Library Journal (starred review)
- "SIX YEARS is a mind blowing, brain twisting, knuckle biter where nothing is as it seems. Coben never fails to deliver on his promise to keep readers riveted to their seats until the final page. Whether you're a devoted fan of Coben or you've never read a single book of his, don't miss this page turner! You'll be come an instant fan."—FreshFiction.com
- "[Harlan Coben's] best book yet....This is one of those reads that will have you turning off your phone and keeping you up until the wee hours of the morning." —Suspense Magazine
Other titles by Harlan Coben:
- Stay Close (2012) Available format: Standard and Large print books and Audio CD.
- Live Wire (2011) Available format: Standard and Large print books, Audio CD, eBook and eAudio
- Caught (2010) Available format: Standard and Large print books, Audio CD, eBook and eAudio
Post written by C. Ford, staff member in the Collection Services Division of the Calcasieu Parish Public Library System.